Delicious Breakfast Ideas for Toddlers Picky - It is not a rare case for little kids to be a picky eater. Even so, it does not mean that you should let this thing happen. After all, your little ones need all the useful nutrients to help them grow. And this is the reason why we decide to share two of our favorite breakfast ideas for toddlers picky for you today: quinoa popcorn chicken and cheese and vegemite scrolls. Here they are!
Quinoa Popcorn Chicken
We’re completely sure that no kids hate popcorn chicken—after all, this food is a favorite for both children and adults alike! The healthier version for one of breakfast ideas for toddlers picky here is cooked with quinoa rather than breadcrumbs and oven baked instead of deep fried.
Ingredients for the breakfast ideas for toddlers picky here:
• 500 grams of chicken tenderloins
• 1 cup of stock
• 1/2 cup of quinoa
• 1 tsp. of onion powder
• 1 large egg, beaten lightly
• 3 tbsp. of flour
1. Heat your oven to 190 degree C (or 170 degree if it’s fan-forced) and with baking paper, line a large baking tray.
2. Prepare a medium saucepan and place stock and quinoa into it. Bring it to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat and let the quinoa and stock simmer. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes until your quinoa is cooked. Let it sit for another 5 minutes and then fluff it up with a fork. Let it cool.
4. Cut chicken tenderloins into 2-cm cubes.
5. Prepare a bag and combine onion powder and flour together in it. Add chicken and shake.
6. Add popcorn chicken to the egg.
7. Transfer the egg-coated chicken to quinoa. Roll it.
8. Place the popcorn chicken on the prepared baking tray.
9. Bake until quinoa crust is crispy and chicken is thoroughly cooked, approximately about 15 minutes.
|Related post: Deliciously Easy Breakfast Recipes with Bread|
Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
Not only is one of breakfast ideas for toddlers picky here ideal as a breakfast menu, it is also a healthy and delicious choice for your little one’s lunch meal.
Ingredients for this breakfast ideas for toddlers picky:
• 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
• 1/2 cup of flour for all purpose
• 2/3 cup of milk
• 80 grams of butter
• 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp. of heaped vegemite
• 2/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
• 1 tbsp. of milk
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degree C.
2. Combine butter and flours in a medium bowl. Rub the butter using your fingertips through the floor until you reach the breadcrumb consistency. Add 3/4 of cheese mix and milk. With your hands, work into the dough ball.
3. Flour a surface lightly once the ingredients are finally combined. Push the dough gently out into a rectangle, about 1 cm deep.
4. Evenly spread vegemite over the surface. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Roll the dough away from you until you have a rope of dough. Cut into 8 equal rounds. Place all pieces on a lined baking tray. Brush with milk.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove when it’s baked and let it cool on wire rack. This one of breakfast ideas for toddlers picky is done.