Heart-Warming Healthy Breakfast Low Calorie Recipes - Limiting the amount of calorie intake makes one of the important steps in healthy eating. Even so, it doesn’t mean the low calorie foods have to be bland and less fulfilling. Today, we will share the homemade healthy breakfast low calorie recipes to keep you fulfilled the whole morning so you won’t get tempted to snacking or sipping another cup of coffee! Here they are!
Egg in a Hole with Yogurt and Berries
Containing only 371 calories, this healthy breakfast low calorie recipe takes only about 15 minutes to cook. It does not take much of your cooking skill.
Ingredients you need for this healthy breakfast low calorie food:
• 2 tbsp. butter, softened
• 2 large eggs
• 2 slices whole-wheat bread
• Kosher salt
• 1 cup berries of your favorite (blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries)
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 2 tbsp. toasted sliced almonds (optional)
Instructions for this healthy breakfast low calorie recipe:
1. Use 1/4 tbsp. butter to spread the top of every slice of bread. Cut a hole in the center of every slice using a round cookie cutter (you can also use a drinking glass). Reserve the cutout pieces.
2. In a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Place both the breads and their cutouts with the buttered side up. Into each hole, crack 1 egg and season with salt and pepper to taste as desired. Cook until the underside of bread turns golden, for about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook the egg (the doneness will depend on your personal preference, 1-2 minutes for runny yolk).
3. Between two bowls, divide the yogurt and berries. Sprinkle with almonds and serve with eggs.
|Related post: Awesomely Healthy Breakfast with Protein Recipes to Cook at Home|
Asparagus Soft Eggs on Toast
Taking only 20 minutes to cook, this healthy breakfast low calorie recipe contains only 348 calories per serving.
Ingredients for this healthy breakfast low calorie recipe:
• 4 slices rustic country bread
• 1 pound asparagus, trim the tough ends
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• Kosher salt
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
• Black pepper
• 8 large eggs
The eggs aren’t fully cooked in this recipe.
1. Heat the broiler. On a baking sheet, place the asparagus and bread. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper as desired.
2. Broil until your bread is toasted, usually 1-2 minutes for each side. Once they are toasted, transfer them to plates.
3. Continue boiling the asparagus. Toss once until they are tender, for about another 4-8 minutes.
4. Pour water into a large saucepan and bring it to a boil. Lower the eggs carefully into the water. Reduce heat, and then simmer gently for 6 minutes. Let the eggs cool under running water and start peeling them.
5. Divide asparagus and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese among the toast. Top with the eggs.