Healthy Breakfast Sides with Delicious Vegetables - Typically, breakfast is often a meal served with sweet foods, such as oatmeal, fruit breakfast smoothies, Greek yogurt parfaits, and cereal dominating our daily morning routine. Even so, breakfast time, which is the one where we eat our first meal of the day, is actually a great opportunity for us to sneak in the healthy breakfast sides as well, such as a cup or two of veggies. In fact, it’s always easy to stuff vegetables into our breakfast routine, just like our favorite foods here can prove you!
Smashed Avocado Toast and VegetablesWhy should you consume avocado toast just because it’s trending when it’s both healthy and yummy? With the healthy breakfast sides served along with the tasty toast, you can thus benefit from the fiber and healthy fat this delish breakfast menu offers. It takes only about 15 minutes to prep and cook this food.
• 2 slices bread
• 1 avocado
• 2 fried egg
• 1/2 purple onion, sliced thinly
• 1/2 lime, juice
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil
• Sea salt and black pepper
• For vegetable healthy breakfast sides: 1/2 cup peppers, thinly sliced and of any colors and 4 fresh asparagus, sliced in half
1. Over medium-high heat in a skillet, melt coconut oil
2. Add asparagus, onion, seasonings, and peppers to the skillet. Sauté the vegetables for 6 minutes.
3. Add lime juice and then sauté for a minute or two.
4. Toast the bread and top with smashed avocado.
5. Layer on the fried egg and vegetables. Serve immediately.
|Related post: Make These Healthy Breakfast Bakes, Simple Yet Delicious|
Vegetable Breakfast TacosAs for this one, it is served not only with the colorful and healthy breakfast sides, but also scrambled eggs which protein will keep you last all morning.
For healthy breakfast sides or vegetable filling
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 1 small yellow or white onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
• 1 small yellow squash, sliced into long and thin strips
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• 1 small zucchini, sliced into long and thin strips
• Salt and red pepper flakes
• 1 red pepper, seeded, and chopped
For scrambled eggs
• 6 eggs, scrambled
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Hot sauce
• Tomato or cherry tomatoes, chopped
• 1 jalapeno
• 6 small tortillas, flour or con
• Chopped fresh cilantro
• Crumbled feta cheese
• Salsa or hot sauce
Instructions to make healthy breakfast sides:
1. Make the egg filling:
a. Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet until shimmering.
b. Add onion and salt, cook and stir occasionally until onion softens and turns translucent.
c. Add garlic and red pepper flake. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
d. Add bell pepper, yellow squash, and zucchini. Cook and stir often until squash softens and is cooked through.
e. Remove the pan and pour lime juice over the cooked vegetable. Season with salt and stir to combine. Set the pan aside.
2. Make the scrambled eggs:
a. In a bowl, scramble the eggs with black pepper, hot sauce, and salt.
b. Over medium-low heat, scramble until eggs are set lightly. Fold in the tomatoes.
c. Transfer the scrambled egg mix to a bowl.
3. Prepare the tacos:
a. Over medium heat, warm corn tortilla in a pan. Flip occasionally.
b. Move warmed tortilla to a plate. Cover with a tea towel.
c. Top every tortilla with eggs, vegetables, and garnish (feta cheese, cilantro, and jalapeno).
d. Add hot sauce or salsa.