Top Healthy Breakfast Vancouver Recipes Ideal for Busy Mornings - Are you too busy to spend more time in the kitchen every morning for a healthy and hearty breakfast meal? This doesn’t mean you can skip your first meal of the day! Rather, what about looking at our favorite healthy breakfast Vancouver recipes perfect for busy morning instead? Now, you no longer have any excuse to skip your breakfast!
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola Apple Bites
Not only is this a yummy healthy breakfast Vancouver recipe, you can also take it as your snack. It’s super easy to make, featuring the nutritious and delicious apple with chocolate drizzle, peanut butter, and granola.
Ingredients for this easy healthy breakfast Vancouver recipe:
• 2 apples, sliced into wedges
• 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup granola
• 1/4 cup peanut butter
• Optional: semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions to prep and cook this healthy breakfast Vancouver recipe for your breakfast or snack:
1. Coat the tops of your apple wedges in peanut butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon and granola.
2. In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips and stir in 30 seconds increments until they are all melted. Be careful so you do not overheat them.
3. Drizzle the apple wedges with melted chocolate.
4. Set the food on a large platter to serve.
a. Sprinkle mini choco chips instead as an alternative to the choco drizzle.
b. Avoid browning by brushing every side of apple wedges with lemon juice.
|Related post: Healthy Breakfast Skillet Recipes for Everyone|
Open Face Breakfast Sandwich
This healthy breakfast Vancouver recipe will serve as a light meal for lunch or dinner and is also flexible in ingredients. You can substitute the arugula with sautéed mushrooms or spinach or use different herbs instead of fresh thyme for the ricotta mixture.
Ingredients for this hearty healthy breakfast Vancouver recipe:
• Cooking spray
• 4 slices whole-wheat bread
• 2 cups arugula
• 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
• 4 large eggs
• 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
• 1/4 cup fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
• 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
• 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1. With cooking spray, coat both sides of whole-wheat bread. Toast until they turn lightly gold.
2. Preparing the arugula mixture:
Mix arugula with lemon juice, 1/8 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. oil, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Toss gently.
3. Cooking the eggs:
Over medium flame, add 1 tsp. olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan. Crack eggs into the pan and then cook for 2 minutes. Cover then cook until whites are set or for another 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Preparing the ricotta mixture:
Mix 1/4 tsp. salt, thyme, ricotta, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
5. Assemble your sandwich:
Add a layer of arugula salad and ricotta mix on the toast, then top with egg. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.