Awesomely Healthy Breakfast with Protein Recipes to Cook at Home - Generally, we do not have any problem with our daily protein intake we might be taking more than needed. However, what matters is to divide the protein among our three meals. And with healthy breakfast with protein, it can help keep us full until lunch. Here are our favorite high protein breakfast recipes!
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs and Sausage
This healthy breakfast with protein food only needs about 30 minutes to cook. Plus, it’s easy to prepare this skillet dish.
Ingredients for this healthy breakfast with protein meal:
• 1 pound pastured sausage
• 1 chopped medium onion
• 2 medium sweet potatoes
• Coconut oil
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
• Rosemary (to taste)
Instructions to cook this healthy breakfast with protein food:
1. Brown the sausage in a cast iron skillet and then transfer to a plate.
2. Reduce the heat to medium high and then add 1 tbsp. coconut oil. Sauté the onions until they turn translucent. Transfer to the same plate with sausage.
3. Over medium high heat, heat another 1 tbsp. coconut oil and add the sweet potatoes. Cook and occasionally stir for about 10 minutes or until they are tender. Over sweet potatoes, sprinkle the rosemary to taste. While cooking, cover the skillet with a lid.
4. Add onions and sausage into the skillet. Stir everything.
5. Over the sweet potato hash, crack four eggs. Place the skillet in the prepared oven and then cook until the eggs are set, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
|Related post: Healthy Breakfast for Athletes Recipes to Start Your Day|
Baked Denver Omelet
The protein comes from both cheese and milk in this healthy breakfast with protein recipe, aside from the eggs. This omelet recipe is enough to serve 6 people and takes about 40 minutes of total time to prep and cook.
Ingredients for this healthy breakfast with protein recipe:
• 5 eggs
• 4 egg whites
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
• 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
• 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• Optional: 1 tsp. hot sauce
• 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced
• 1/2 cup ham steak, diced
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the milk, salt, pepper, eggs, and hot sauce (if needed) in a large bowl. Set it aside.
3. In a 10” nonstick or cast iron skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the bell peppers and onion. Season with pepper and salt. Let the mixture cook until the onion and bell peppers start to soften, for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Add in the ham. Cook for another minute.
5. Pour in the egg mixture to top the veggies and ham. Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
6. Place the skillet in your oven and then bake for 22 to 25 minutes until the top turns golden and the omelet is set. You can refrigerate the leftovers to reheat the following day.